“The speed of innovation is only going to continue to increase”Chris Penrose
Chris Penrose is Senior Vice President of AT&T’s Advanced Solutions organization. He has responsibility for leading AT&T’s business development and specialized sales efforts for next-generation technologies, including 5G, Internet of Things, edge computing and networking solutions.
During the episode, Chris reveals how AT&T conceptualize and plan out their innovations, especially on coming up with the best ideas for technological developments. He explains the advancements in the new 5G and IoT technology; and how they will be delivered to the consumers. He also shares what AT&T is looking forward to in the next years.
Listen to ILAB 135 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 135 Show Notes
Support the Show!
- Become a ILAB Patron: Patreon.com/InvestLikeABoss
Where we are:
- ArtofFX– Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise– Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment– Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet– Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront– get your first $15,000 managed free
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 04:55 – The foundation and purpose of AT&T
- 05:48 – How AT&T plan out their innovations
- 06:10 – “Innovation is one of the forefronts of what we try to do at AT&T” – Chris Penrose
- 09:54 – How AT&T come up with the best ideas
- 11:41 – IoT vs. 5G
- 17:15 – What are the exciting concepts that he sees in the future?
- 17:36 – “If it doesn’t serve a purpose, then don’t do it” – Chris Penrose
- 23:00 – What are the advances that 5G offers as compared to 4G?
- 24:50 – Two new products that AT&T introduced this year
- 26:26 – How will 5G be delivered in the market?
- 30:53 – The future of cell sites
- 34:24 – Providing priority connection to first responders
- 35:31 – The expansions in technology in the next 10 years
- 36:17 – “The speed of innovation is only going to continue to increase” – Chris Penrose
- 38:12 – Advantages of autonomous driving
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.