“The number one fear in the world is running out of money when you’re still alive”
Sam Marks and Johnny FD has officially hit FIRE, meaning that they are financially independent with an early retirement. They’ve both reached their success in such unique ways that will inspire you!
During this episode, Sam and Johnny FD will share how they hit FIRE including how YOU can do the same. Find out how much money you actually need to retire and how to calculate it. Understand the 4% rule and learn to apply it to your life. Listen to the end to hear about the downside to the FIRE movement and what you can do even after you hit your ultimate FI number.
Listen to ILAB 112 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 112 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Johnny FD & Sam Marks – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- ILAB 01 – Sam Marks Personal Millions + Show Introduction
- ILAB 02 – From $1k to Future Millionaire: Johnny FD’s Investments
- ILAB 23 – From $0 to Self Made, How to 300X Your Investment
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- 03:54 – How Johnny FD and Sam hit financial independence
- 10:17 – The benefits of being financially independent and retiring early
- 13:35 – How much money do you actually need to retire?
- 19:07 – Managing your expenses and location arbitrage
- 27:26 – Foreign income tax exclusion and legal loopholes
- 34:41 – Earning more money and creating more income streams
- 45:04 – Utilize debt to your advanced
- 47:41 – Understanding the 4% rule and applying it to your life
- 58:40 – “The number one fear in the world is running out of money when you’re still alive” – Sam Marks
- 01:06:09 – The downside to the FIRE movement
- 01:15:14 – Working after you reach your FI number
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.