“We got invited to JP Morgan’s after party by the vice president of JP Morgan”
Explore the future of money with Sam Marks and Brian Whorley, found of Paytient, an innovative startup that is improving access to affordable healthcare.
The Money2020 Conference is where leaders, innovators, and disruptors unite to drive change and revolutionize the future of money. It’s a 4-day experience that facilitates the right conversations and insightful learnings, leaving you inspired and equipped to reach your goals.
Although tickets could have been up to $5,000 you’ll gain insights from Sam and Brians perspective on the ways our market is revolutionizing the future of money. Expect to hear key takeaways of their experience from JP Morgan’s after part to conversations with super high-level thought leaders. Listen to the end for ways to cover unplanned out-of-pocket healthcare expenses.
Listen to ILAB 108 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 107 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Johnny FD: Bali, Indonesia
- Sam Marks: San Diego, California
- ILAB 102 – Understanding Credit Score and Comparing the Best Credit Cards
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $25,000 account
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Traveling Mailbox – Get 5% off subscriptions with ‘ILAB’ promo code
- 00:38 – Recharging your battery and resetting your life
- 08:40 – The worst conference Sam has ever been to
- 11:39 – JP Morgan’s after party + MORE
- 17:23 – Las Vegas people, landscape, and experience
- 20:23 – How to get the most out of a conference
- 22:00 – Bitcoin Miami & Money 20/20 takeaways
- 23:54 – “People consuming financial services in a healthy way are better customers” –
- 26:04 – Understanding Fin Tech and bank announcements
- 32:21 – Virtual card use cases
- 38:50 – The payment race across the USA
- 45:17 – Terrible Miami Dade weed gummy experience
- 47:21 – Alarming statistics about US healthcare ‘system’
- 55:45 – Paytient’s 30-second elevator pitch
- 01:06:41 – Tony Robbins Date with Destiny Conference
- 01:08:46 – Las Vegas conference and environment experience
- 01:13:22 – iTunes review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.