Johnny & Derek sit down for a one on one episode to compare their respective cost of living expenses. Johnny has utilized location arbitrage by living in cheaper countries outside the U.S. while Derek lives in one of the most expensive cities in the U.S., Los Angeles. They’ll break it down by category and find out who is getting the better deal in each. Johnny also gives helpful tips for those considering relocating from the U.S.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Greece / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Indeed knows that when you’re doing everything for your company, you can’t afford to overspend on hiring. Visit indeed.com/ILAB for more details.
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK) *Johnny, Derek, and/or Sam use personally invest through the above services.
- 07:18 – Where did you start Johnny and where have you been living the last 10 years?
- 09:05 – Are there any cities out there that are surprisingly quite cheap to live in?
- 15:41 – First let’s talk about housing?
- 19:32 – What about how the cost of utilities varies?
- 24:55 – How much do you think air bnb’s cost in california? And how does it compare to other countries?
- 28:33 – How does insurance vary from country to country?
- 31:05 – Johnny and Derek compare their monthly grocery bills
- 37:15 – What’s the average price of having a night out for drinks?
- 44:29 – What’s the “Big Mac” Index?
- 50:55 – How does Health insurance compare?
- 58:57 – Transportation costs between owning a car and public transit?
- 24:18 – Has it only recently become popular with your clients?
- 30:48 – What do you think the interest rate will be in October 2023?
- 32:16 – How do your clients feel about the stock market currently?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.