An ILAB Callback episode to our original interview with Meb Faber from ILAB 15. Johnny and Derek create an all-new intro and outro to Sam’s interview to give an updated version of a timeless interview that is very much still relevant to today. We wanted to re-air this interview in preparation for Meb’s return on next week’s episode where he will talk about inflation.
Mr. Faber is a co-founder and the Chief Investment Officer of Cambria Investment Management. Faber is the manager of Cambria’s ETFs and separate accounts. Mr. Faber is the host of The Meb Faber Show podcast and has authored numerous white papers and leather-bound books. He is a frequent speaker and writer on investment strategies and has been featured in Barron’s, The New York Times, and The New Yorker. Mr. Faber graduated from the University of Virginia with a double major in Engineering Science and Biology.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 09:20 – How did you get into finance?
- 14:00 – What is Traditional investment advice vs. modern?
- 22:50 – Is there any guarantee to profit after 20 years with the US market?
- 25:41 – What does risk parity mean?
- 33:18 – Can you summarize the review of the ALL Seasons Portfolio
- 40:38 – Do you have a model for an upcoming decade?
- 43:48 – How do you compare Small Cap and Large Cap growth prospective?
- 47:16 – What are your thoughts on Robo-Advisors?
- 50:28 – Is it a good route to do diversified allocation to keep your investment liquid?
- 53:39 – Where do you want to be invested if there is a WWIII?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here.
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.