Derek interviews ‘America’s Career Coach’ & Dave Ramsey Personality Ken Coleman on his new book From Paycheck to Purpose. They go over his 7 stages to go through in the process of finding your dream job. Then, Johnny & Derek talk about their own personal journeys of feeling stuck in dead end jobs and how they switched their paths to be where they are now.
Ken Coleman is the #1 national bestselling author of The Proximity Principle and nationally syndicated host of The Ken Coleman Show on the Dave Ramsey Network. Pulling from his own personal struggles, missed opportunities and career successes, Ken helps people discover what they were born to do and provides practical steps to make their dream job a reality. The Ken Coleman Show is a caller-driven career show that helps listeners who are stuck in a job they hate or searching for something more out of their career. His latest book, From Paycheck to Purpose, is available now.
55% of Americans anticipate looking for a new job this year. Whether you’re looking for a step up at work or a giant leap toward something new, there’s never been a better time in history to look for something more in your career.
National bestselling author and career expert Ken Coleman felt stuck with no clue what was next for him—that’s when he realized that being stuck was a choice! In his latest book, he draws on what he learned from his own ten-year journey as well as from coaching thousands of others to walk you through the seven stages to discovering and doing work that gives you both a great income AND big impact.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Fundrise makes investing in private real estate as easy as investing in stocks, bonds or mutual funds. Get started in just a few minutes at Fundrise.com/LikeaBoss
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 13:20 – How did you find your own purpose?
- 17:03 – How did you start working with Dave Ramsey?
- 19:28 – What are the signs you see in people that aren’t living their dream job?
- 24:44 – Is it a good time to change companies or look for promotion in the same company?
- 26:30 – How does your advice translate to entrepreneurs?
- 28:48 – How do you tell someone to leave their steady income to pursue their passion?
- 32:51 – How do you get experience when the job you want requires experience?
- 35:22 – How easy is it to get connected to the right people to open doors to your dream?
- 38:15 – How to overcome the emotions that hold you back?
- 45:05 – How do you develop winning habits and traits?
- 48:51 – What do you mean by “results that matter to me”?
- 53:06 – Patreon: How do you handle coworkers’ judgement when you leave the daily grind to find your own path?
- 48:10 – Johnny and Derek recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.