Sam, Johnny & Derek all weigh on this introduction to Decentralized Finance AKA DeFi. Sam interviews DeFi Nation’s Clayton Roche to go over the new types of financial tools available in DeFi and compares them to traditional financial institutions. Then Johnny & Derek recap the interview and give their thoughts on how they might utilize DeFi in the future. They also touch on what to look out for on these platforms that may be too good to be true. Use this episode as a stepping stone into the DeFi space and we will dig deeper into specific DeFi tools in future episodes.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Lithuania / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona/ IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
- RAD Diversified
RAD Diversified REIT allows investment partners to invest in cash-flowing properties with substantial value-add opportunities. RAD offers monthly distributions, a 5% bottom-line guarantee, and achieved a 36.7% return in 2020.
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
- Clayton Roche | (UMA, UMA) (@TokenArchitect)
- Clayton’s article “If You Don’t Want to Miss Out on Crypto But Don’t Want to Think Too Hard”
- SyncDAO Perpetual Vaults!
- Discord Uma Project
Like these investments? Try them with extra perks via these unique ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Marcus Online Savings - get an extra 1% yield for 3 months
- Interactive Brokers - a trading account for anyone, trade US and international stocks, bonds, and securities
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- 08:02 – What is Decentralized Finance?
- 11:25 – Why has the government allowed this?
- 16:49 – What are the bigger stable coins, and how do they work?
- 20:03 – Why would anyone own a stable coin?
- 21:32 – Is there a risk in creating a stable coin?
- 24:45 – Can you explain the borrowing and lending with crypto?
- 30:16 – What platforms do you use to borrow and lend?
- 33:10 – Is there more risk in using a centralized than a decentralized platform?
- 34:30 – What is staking?
- 38:35 – Can you use staking with “primary” coins?
- 41:38 – Is borrowing or staking simpler than how the literature appears?
- 45:34 – Can you explain the differences in centralized and decentralized exchanges?
- 49:45 – Would coin base be considered decentralized finance?
- 50:20 – Do you see DeFi overtaking traditional finance?
- 37:35 – Johnny and Derek recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.