Frank Song is currently managing $20 million in committed capital to pursue buyouts of, partnerships with, and/or building highly profitable businesses in unsexy markets. Frank increases enterprise value by implementing large, sustainable competitive advantages into the businesses, such as: increasing operating sophistication, pursuing strategic acquisitions or partnerships to create a national oligopoly or local/regional monopoly dynamic, implementing technology advantages, and increasing performance marketing returns.
Additionally, Frank currently works as a confidential advisor to business with at least $10mm in revenue and politicians to advise on how to implement an art of war campaign in their markets or campaigns to defeat competitors who are larger or better resourced.
Previously, Frank worked at Accel-KKR, one of the top private equity funds (based on returns), where we helped manage the $4.0 billion fund by completing buyouts and growth equity investments of $20mm – $1bn technology companies.
He has contributed capital to:
HighJump (sold for $750 mm)
Zinc Ahead (sold for $130 million)
PageUp (sold – amount undisclosed)
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a free $75 sponsored job credit to boost your job post at Indeed
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 11:19 – Why did you choose to live in the suburbs of Ukraine?
- 13:46 – Tell us a little about your story from how you grew up to now?
- 15:30 – Explain the “I slept in a Walmart” time of your life
- 17:50 – How did you make it to Ukraine?
- 19:37 – How did you get started in investing?
- 26:12 – What do you traditionally invest in?
- 29:19 – What are some of the businesses you have invested in?
- 34:50 – How do you manage all of the businesses?
- 36:43 – Can you talk about your recent business trip to Dubai?
- 37:49 – What is your general philosophy on where to invest?
- 46:50 – Johnny and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.