Mike Murgio returns to the show (Last appearance: ILAB 65 – Bitcoin vs. Stocks, Tesla vs. Ford) along with his brother Joe Murgio to talk with Sam Marks about the upcoming Doordash IPO. They know the ins and outs of the delivery business as Joe is the CEO of DeliverLogic, a software company that services clients in the delivery space. Sam is also an investor in DeliverLogic. Mike Murgio goes over the Series 1 for Doordash’s IPO and Doordash’s overall business model. They’ll discuss whether Doordash looks to be a solid investment and if it’ll skyrocket like Tesla did after Mike correctly predicted on his last appearance.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – North Carolina / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a $75 credit to boost your job post on Indeed and find quality candidates faster when you sign up at our link!
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 10:46 – Can you tell us about deliverlogic?
- 13:56 – Can you discuss the last 6 years of the business from your perspective?
- 20:40 – How did the market change with the newer delivery options?
- 25:00 – How has Covid-19 pandemic affected the delivery service industry?
- 26: 30 – Have you seen more entrepreneurs starting new businesses or has it been independent clients growing their business?
- 29:10 – How does the business side of door dash work?
- 30:04 – How do you buy shares in an IPO?
- 39:24 – How are they going to sell 33 Million shares?
- 40:51 – How does the price jump between primary and secondary trading?
- 45:25 – What is your perspective on DoorDash versus Grubhub?
- 51:53 – Are you going to buy in with DoorDash?
- 55:40 – Does this IPO excite you?
- 58:06 – Sam & Derek Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.