In the first half of this episode, Johnny and Sam give you a preview of their 3rd quarter 2020 investments. If you want to hear the full episode and see the video including screenshots of both Johnny and Sam’s accounts you must become a Patreon. Sign up for the Invest Like a Boss Patreon account for as low as $5 per month to gain access.
In the second half of the episode, Johnny follows up with Die With Zero author Bill Perkins. (Listen to his first ILAB interview in Episode 149).
There was a lot of interest in what MLPs (Master Limited Partnerships) that Bill invests in himself and he actually lists the exact ones he has positions in! Johnny even decided to mirror Bill’s investments himself, you’ll have to listen to find out what MLPs Bill is in!
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – South Carolina / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 2:29 – Quarterly Update preview
- 23:11 – How do you afford to have a yacht experience?
- 24:30 – Who paid for the yacht you are on?
- 25:45 – How much was it to rent a yacht?
- 26:05 – How big is the yacht?
- 26:50 – “I identify the experiences then allocate the money” – Bill Perkins
- 27:14 – What MLP’s are you invested in?
- 29:03 – Is this a Long-term hold for you?
- 29:49 – Do you worry about the price per share when it is time to sell?
- 31:11 – Would I be crazy to do 10% of my net worth in MLPs ?
- 32:38 – “I wasn’t put on this earth to make 4%” – Bill Perkins
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.