Stacey Morris, Director of Research, Alerian.
Stacey Morris is the Director of Research at Alerian, which equips investors to make informed decisions about energy infrastructure and Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs). Ms. Morris was previously the Investor Relations Manager for Alon USA Energy, overseeing investor communications for the corporation and its variable distribution MLP, Alon USA Partners. Prior to Alon, she covered the integrated majors and refiners at Raymond James as a Senior Associate in the firm’s Equity Research Division. Ms. Morris graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Stetson University and is a CFA charterholder.
Listen to ILAB 151 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- Special ILAB Listener Offer for Equity Estates through October 1st, 2020
- Save up to $30,000 and delay your dues until you’re ready to travel when you sign up Here
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 09:07 – Were you always interested in energy growing up and when did you first learn about MLP?
- 11:05 – What is a MLP?
- 13:04 – Do MLPs have a regulation or restriction on their distribution of profits?
- 14:15 – Are all energy companies MLPs?
- 16:55 – Can you explain a hypothetical situation to explain tax exemption?
- 24:11 – What are the variables that move the price of a MLP?
- 28:17 – What are some of the big MLP companies?
- 29:43 – What are the easiest ways to invest in MLPs?
- 34:16 – Are high yields common?
- 37:28 – Is now a good time to invest in MLPs?
- 41:09 – Derek’s Recap
- 45:58 – Sam and Johnny Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.