Philip Mekelburg, CEO and Fund Manager, Equity Estates
Philip has over 20 years of experience in business development, marketing, management and operations. After graduating from Cornell University, he worked as a corporate trainer and management consultant. His accomplishments include starting a fast-growing, new-to-market retail concept which he built up and sold within four years. The industry respected his novel approach and elected him president of their international association. Afterwards, Philip was hired as Director of Operations for a financial services firm where his work in channel sales garnered him praise, while expanding his knowledge and experience in marketing specialty finance products. He co-founded Equity Estates in 2006 and enjoys building a real estate portfolio that is also a smart investment that offers memorable experiences.
Listen to ILAB 151 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- Equity Estates
- Special ILAB Listener Offer for Equity Estates through October 1st, 2020
- Save up to $30,000 and delay your dues until you’re ready to travel when you sign up Here
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 06:23 – How did Equity Estates start?
- 12:40 – How would you describe Equity Estates?
- 16:12 – How does Equity Estates compare to a timeshare or secondary home?
- 21:28 – What are the general characteristics of the properties?
- 23:56 – Where are the properties usually located and how do you select?
- 25:06 – What are the requirements and minimum investment to invest?
- 27:29 – How does the concierge experience work?
- 33:05 – How do you manage the expenses of all the properties?
- 37:08 – How do the average investor utilise their time at the property?
- 40:57 – Patreon: Do you have investment opportunities for non-accredited investors?
- 45:00 – Patreon: How does your affiliate portfolio work on the business side?
- 46:26 – Can you discuss the different funds available?
- 48:07 – Can anyone invested in any fund can access any property?
- 48:49 – Patreon: Are you seeing any impact from Covid-19?
- 49:53 – What is your favourite property in the portfolio?
- 55:20 – Sam and Johnny Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.