“This is an unusual time, and we are going to see more people become acquisition entrepreneurs.”Blake Hutchinson
Blake Hutchison is an accomplished entrepreneur and the CEO of Flippa, a marketplace for buying and selling online businesses, based in Melbourne, Australia, and San Francisco. Prior to Flippa, Blake was the general manager and chief revenue officer of Luxury Escapes and head of strategic partnerships at Xero. Blake was also the founder of GOOD44, a venture capital-backed specialty food marketplace helping small business owners target a new customer base.
In this episode, Blake will share his experience with buying and selling domains including other digital assets. Find out how to successfully invest in this space and what you need to know before buying a new website. Listen to the end to learn about new online business opportunities.
Listen to ILAB 144 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 144 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – North Carolina / IG @imsammarks
- Blake Hutchison – Melbourne /IG @blakenow
- Support the Show: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 01:03 – Adjusting to the stay-at-home recommendations
- 10:30 – A background and introduction to Blakes Flippa organization
- 19:55 – Flippa’s buying and selling process
- 29:50 – The process of buying any digital business
- 32:08 – “The reality is that digital assets is where people will look to spend their time.” – Blake Hutchison
- 40:08 – Thoughts on Amazon Affiliates lowering their commissions and how you can adjust for this
- 50:08 – Some of the top sites to buy right now
- 1:11:11 – “It’s less about how many views your listing had, it’s more about pinpoint matching.” – Blake Hutchison
- 1:12:47 – Getting sale notifications through Shopify stores
- 1:19:08 – Discussing massive new online business opportunities
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.