“The first thing I think everyone should do is have a plan. Cover your finances, lifestyle residence and citizenship, and your investments.”Andrew Henderson
Andrew Henderson is a lifelong entrepreneur and the world’s most sought-after expert on offshore strategies and global citizenship. He coordinates Nomad Capitalist’s global strategy, R&D, and media efforts as part of his mission to help millions of people go where they’re treated best. He has spent the last twelve years personally studying and applying the principles of Nomad Capitalist.
In this episode, you will learn how to go offshore, keep more of your wealth, and enjoy an unprecedented level of global freedom. Find out what you need to consider when renouncing your US citizenship including insight into the best passport to obtain as a digital nomad and international investor. After listening to this in-depth conversation, you’ll understand why you need to ultimately go where you’re treated best!
Listen to ILAB 137 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 137 Show Notes
Where We Are:
- Johnny FD – Weligama, Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – Bodrum, Turkey / IG @imsammarks
- Andrew Henderson – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- ArtofFX– Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise– Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment– Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet– Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront– get your first $15,000 managed free
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 02:10 – Traveling Turkey and other non-popular locations
- 08:45 – Does the USA treat you the best?
- 11:17 – What to consider when renouncing your US citizenship
- 18:15 – Obtaining additional citizenships by investments
- 18:53 – “I gave up my US citizenship in late 2017, I don’t know that the United States is the best place.” – Andrew Henderson
- 21:47 – Best countries for visa-free travel
- 25:57 – Countries that provide citizenship through a straight forward investment
- 31:56 – The golden visa in popular countries
- 38:31 – The truth behind Diplomatic passports & immunity
- 42:57 – Will it be easier to move around internationally in the future?
- 44:34 – Nomad capitalist: An inside look
- 44:55 – “The first thing I think everyone should do is have a plan. Cover your finances, lifestyle residence and citizenship, and your investments.” – Andrew Henderson
- 47:15 – Benefits to the Thai Elite Visa from Thailand
- 48:03 – Should more countries offer better visa programs
- 50:54 – The best passport to have as a digital nomad
- 57:22 – Lessons learned from attempting to hold the ultimate travel documents
- 1:03:24 – Thank you Patrons and Apple Podcast reviewers!
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.