“Turn the profit knob and start earning those dollars back eventually and exit for a lot more than you paid for”Kylon Gienger
Kylon Gienger is the president of KingMakers, an investment fund and accelerator for small business buyers. He founded and operated multiple business investments in the construction, food service, fitness, real estate, online education, and digital marketing industries.
On this episode, Kylon talks about investing in small businesses that would potentially grow to a million-dollar business, with the help of his company, the KingMakers. He explains some key points in strategically building industry by starting with leverage and having a partnership to successfully pay the loan and gain the profit. There are more ideas and lessons to learn here, so listen in!
Listen to ILAB 136 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 136 Show Notes
Support the Show!
- Become a ILAB Patron: Patreon.com/InvestLikeABoss
Where we are:
- DiversyFund.com – Use coupon code BOSS20
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront – get your first $15,000 managed free
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 06:01 – The idea of building over buying a business
- 09:22 – The start of KingMakers
- 12:00 – Taking business commission by website’s affiliate links
- 19:41 – Buying businesses and growth plans
- 24:48 – How an investor creates profit in buying a business by a leverage
- 28:57 – “Turn the profit knob and start earning those dollars back eventually and exit for a lot more than you paid for” – Kylon Gienger
- 30:51 – Kylon explains the minority and majority share to a business
- 33:50 – “When working with a business partner, you want to make sure that you work well together” – Kylon Gienger
- 34:58 – Managing and analyzing the business for the best quality
- 40:57 – Reinvesting in dying businesses and earning profit from it
- 43:42 – How business partnership operates
- 49:50 – Eliminating failures in the business
- 52:29 – The best ways to manage the business
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.