“The best trips have a balance of a few ingredients: a bit of physical challenge, a little partying, business and networking, and adventure.”Sam Marks
Sam Marks and Johnny FD are self-made entrepreneurs who invest their own money and use modern technology to invest like a boss.
During this episode, Sam and Johnny FD give an inside look into their financially independent lifestyle and share how their current investments are performing. Listen for unique travel stories like when Sam ran with the bulls, Johnny broke his nose, and their experiences after exploring new countries. Listen to the end to hear about Johnny’s first investment in a new startup.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Listen to ILAB 124 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 124 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Sam Marks – Kiev, Ukraine
- Johnny FD – Temecula, California
- ILAB 123 – Inside an Accelerator, with Startup Wise Guys’ Jone Vaituleviciute
- ILAB 68 – Municipal Bonds, How Insiders Scale Their Tax-Free Income
- ILAB 63 – Talking CEFs for 9.9%+ Yield with ‘CEF Professor’ Michael Foster
- ArtofFX– Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise– Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- PeerStreet– Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront– get your first $15,000 managed free
- 02:10 – Earning money to live the life you want
- 05:58 – Summer traveling as a digital nomad
- 08:55 – “The best travel have a balance of a few ingredients: A bit of physical challenge, partying, if possible business/networking, and adventure.” – Sam Marks
- 12:34 – Most livable places to live in Europe
- 15:53 – Running with the bulls bloody mess stories
- 24:17 – Sparing with Ukrainian guys & breaking your nose
- 32:03 – More information on the Invest Like a Boss Summit!
- 34:48 – Johnny FD’s current financial net wealth
- 42:17 – Sam Marks Investment update on municipal bonds, annuities, Mapletree, and PeerStreet
- 44:00 – “When you invest in something it takes a few months, sometimes, to kick in start making money.” – Johnny FD
- 48:23 – Startup investment tips and strategy
- 53:46 – Johnny FD’s investment update with index funds, 401K, Art of FX, Bitcoin and FaceBook stock
- 58:33 – New insight into the 5G network
- 1:00:35 – Johnny FD’s first startup investment
- 1:03:09 – Future travel and adventure plans
Here are some of Johnny’s Dashboard Screenshots from end of Q2 2019:
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.