“We haven’t had a bankruptcy in a classical sense amongst our team.”– Jone Vaituleviciute
Jone Vaituleviciute is a partner at Startup Wise Guys, Europe’s most experienced B2B startup accelerator and one of the most active early-stage investors in the Nordics.
During this episode, Jone will reveal details on the 3 month-long on-site mentors driven program held in either Tallinn (Estonia), Riga (Latvia) or Vilnius (Lithuania). Learn how they help teams position themselves to raise the next funding round within 6 months. Find out how founders support themselves during early-stage accelerators and discover your chance of survival as a new startup. Listen to the end for practical use cases of bitcoin and cryptocurrency including insight into the future of blockchain.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Listen to ILAB 123 on iTunes here or subscribe
ILAB 123 Show Notes
- Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Where we are:
- Sam Marks, Johnny FD & Jone Vaituleviciute – Vilnius, Lithuania
- ArtofFX– Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise– Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment– Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet– Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront– get your first $15,000 managed free
- 00:34 – The joy and beauty of traveling Vilnius, Lithuania
- 04:05 – Practical use cases of bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and blockchain
- 13:25 – What is an accelerator?
- 15:56 – Attracting quality talent to the local area
- 18:43 – The entire process explained for startups
- 20:15 – What is a term sheet and how do you use it?
- 23:10 – How founders support themselves during early-stage accelerators
- 25:06 – What is your chance of survival as a new startup?
- 26:01 – “80% of our companies, out of a portfolio of 150, continue working on and growing.”– Jone Vaituleviciute
- 26:20 – What happens if your company fails?
- 26:38 – “We haven’t had a bankruptcy in a classical sense amongst our team.”– Jone Vaituleviciute
- 27:12 – Utilizing the portfolio management program
- 28:23 – Demo Day expectations and walkthrough
- 31:46 – Embracing an international family-style network
- 35:00 – Greetings and farewell in other languages
- 42:01 – Contemplating the future of blockchain
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.