“We’re both a private equity firm and a vertically integrated real estate operator with 30 years of history of operations”– Tim Wallen
Tim Wallen is a Principal, CEO, and sits on the investment committee for MLG Capital. The company offers real estate investment services to accredited institutional or individual investors. Tim joined MLG in 1989 as the Chief Financial Officer and remains committed and involved with daily, integral functions of the investment and development segments.
During this episode, Tim will share how you can generate superior returns through the meticulous execution of real estate investment strategies. Learn how MLG aligns the funds & investors interest in fee structures including the tax advantages for the individual investor. Listen to the end for insight into making your first real estate investment.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
ILAB 121 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Sam Marks – Tampa, Florida
- Johnny FD – Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
- ILAB 108 – Money2020 Conference Takeaways with Paytient Founder Brian Whorley
- ILAB 77 – Turnkey Real Estate Investing vs. REITs
- 01:01 – Traveling to Lithuania + meetup
- 07:21 – MLG Capital’s background and introduction
- 11:07 – “We’re both a private equity firm and a vertically integrated real estate operator with 30 years of history of operations” – Tim Wallen
- 16:31 – The process to acquiring new properties
- 16:54 – “Are your assumptions that you’re making believable and achievable? Can you deliver?” – Tim Wallen
- 21:13 – The advantages and disadvantages of being a public or private fund
- 28:13 – Aligning the funds & investors interest in fee structures
- 34:29 – Tax advantages for the individual investor
- 36:11 – “We’re not looking just to buy huge volume we’re looking to make money” – Tim Wallen
- 37:33 – Massive property investment outcome + available funds
- 42:43 – Investing as a non us citizen & minimum investment
- 48:36 – Sam’s experience with investing in MLG
- 50:22 – The problem with online funds
- 52:36 – Making your first real estate investment
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.