“100% of my focus from an investment standpoint is on the islands”– Will Mitchell
Will Mitchell is a Canadian real estate investor and the author of The Investor’s Guide to Belize Real Estate. His years of real estate experience in both Canada and Belize has allowed him the ability to identify value in growth markets and recognize opportunities others miss .
During this episode, Will share why you may want to invest in the Belizean real estate market. Learn how to how to buy real estate in Belize and what property taxes are like. Find out why Belize is the fastest growing country in the Caribbean from a tourism perspective and how it creates a favorable environment for investors, nomads, and retirees.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
ILAB 120 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Sam Marks – Tampa, Florida
- Johnny FD – Kharkiv Ukraine
- Will Mitchell – Toronto, Canada
- 01:36 – Should you travel to Belize?
- 07:10 – Focusing on the islands for tourism and baby boomers
- 08:04 – “100% of my focus from an investment standpoint is on the islands” – Will Mitchell
- 15:21 – The nomad and traveler scene in Belize
- 18:24 – The country’s strong legal system and currency
- 20:55 – Island hopping and beach life at its best
- 23:07 – A day in the life of a Belize paradise
- 24:40 – The John McAfee story and island crime rate
- 32:45 – How to invest in the property market
- 38:08 – Beachfront condo starter costs
- 42:36 – “When you live in Belize you become 100x more popular” – Will Mitchell
- 43:22 – The AirBnB, rental market, and potential ROI
- 45:30 – “A standard return on the island would be around 15%” – Will Mitchell
- 48:26 – Tax % and breakdown
- 49:42 – “The lay of the land on property taxes is extremely favorable for investors” – Will Mitchell
- 49:57 – Monthly investor field trip & coworking in Belize
- 52:45 – Riding JET Powered Surfboards
- 55:30 – Communicating with others in different languages
- 01:03:23 – Invest Like a Boss Conference
- 01:07:53 – Should you invest in Belize?