“I like to think of myself as the most trusted confidant helping you reach your business, financial, and personal goals without alienating any of your family members”– Matthew Wiley
Matthew Wiley is a managing partner at Wiley Etter, LLC, a company passionate about helping you plan for the future. Matthew believes in two fundamental principles, estate, and financial planning should be simple and focused on the client’s needs. He works with a team of advisors, accountants, and other professionals to ensure that his clients’ needs come first… Always.
During this episode, you’ll be given the tools and techniques to create a financial and legal plan for your future regardless of your wealth level. Find out some of the most important documents you’ll need when preparing your estate plan. Learn the proper process so that you can successfully transfer wealth to your heirs.
Listen to the end as Johnny FD and Sam Marks reveal exactly what their wills include.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Listen to ILAB 118 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 118 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Sam Marks – Tampa, Florida
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Wealthfront – get your first $15,000 managed free
- 01:20 – Skiing in Tahoe and sunny Florida
- 05:52 – What is estate planning?
- 06:54 – “I like to think of myself as the most trusted confidant helping you reach your business, financial, and personal goals without alienating any of your family members” – Matthew Wiley
- 07:17 – Should you take state planning seriously?
- 09:19 – What documents do you need to prepare your plan?
- 17:13 – Financial inheritance to your heirs – The process
- 19:24 – “Elvis Presley’s will is available and Whitney Houston. Everyone can see their affairs” – Matthew Wiley
- 25:00 – Should you set up an asset protection trust?
- 32:36 – Learning the do’s and don’ts of AP
- 37:47 – Transferring wealth to your heirs
- 38:52 – “If you have even close to $10 million dollars you can’t possibly turn that into intergenerational wealth without a lawyer” – Matthew Wiley
- 42:50 – What happens when somebody actually dies? What’s the process?
- 45:36 – Terrible experiences that tear families apart
- 55:50 – Johnny FD crates his own will online
- 1:02:32 – Sam Marks will explain in detail
- 1:07:33 – The truth about the funeral industry
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.