“In the markets in the US where cannabis was legal, alcohol sales were dropping tremendously”– Danny Moses
A Wall Street insider since 1991, Danny Moses has seen his fair share of Bull and Bear Markets and has been able to observe the markets from a number of perspectives: Municipal Bond analyst, Institutional Sell-Side Broker, Trader, and Hedge Fund Manager.
The book, and later the movie, “The Big Short” chronicled a few people who saw the housing bubble forming in 2004 and figured out how to successfully navigate through the volatility in the financial markets. Danny was part of this small group who were forward-thinking and brave enough to have bet against the market and to have participated in one of the greatest trades in Wall Street history.
During this episode, Danny will talk about investing in the emerging industry of cannabis which he now calls ‘The Big Long’. Learn how and why you should invest including what companies and categories to choose. You’ll also hear entertaining insight into “The Big Short” movie and how it compares to what actually happened in real life.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Listen to ILAB 117 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 117 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Sam Marks – South Carolina
- 04:55 – Danny’s aggressive attitude in real life vs the movie
- 09:16 – Closing funds and not honoring redemption requests
- 13:15 – Exiting the market at the right time and a fraudulent system
- 19:14 – After the stock market crash & an introduction into cannabis
- 25:35 – “Make a small investment in something. I don’t care what it is” – @dmoses34
- 30:18 – Companies and categories to invest in within cannabis
- 34:54 – How to start your investment for a long term hold
- 40:57 – “The biggest category to me is wellness” – @dmoses34
- 41:13 – “In the markets in the US where cannabis was legal, alcohol sales were dropping tremendously” – @dmoses34
- 46:25 – Reminiscing of the time right before the crash
- 50:17 – The health benefits of CBD vs THC
- 54:58 – Should you invest in cannabis?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.