“They can pay to see you get knocked out or they can pay to see you win”– Bob Sapp
Bob “The Beast” Sapp is an international MMA megastar, professional wrestler, actor, and former NFL player, WWE professional wrestler, and world champion kickboxer. He mostly fought in Japan where he has appeared in numerous commercials, television programs, and various other media.
He remains the most- merchandised, most-adored, and most-watched fighter in the history of the sport with 54 million Japanese who watched him bully Akebono in 2003.
During this episode, Bob will share how his transition from a fighter to an entertainer has given him long term success. Expect to learn about his personal portfolio including his plans for retirement and future investments. Find out how Bob will add a key element to the MMA industry in Thailand.
Check out the new Invest Like a Boss Summit in Vegas!
Listen to ILAB 116 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 116 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Sam Marks – Tampa, Florida
- Johnny FD – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Bob Sapp – Washington State, USA
- Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth―and How You Can Too
- Retire Inspired: It’s Not an Age, It’s a Financial Number
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness Hardcover
- 03:04 – Watching Bob Sapp as a kid
- 08:44 – Bob’s background and introduction
- 11:59 – Transitioning from a fighter to an entertainer
- 17:43 – Traveling to nearly 200 countries & location arbitrage
- 23:07 – Investing philosophy to practice as athletes & entertainers
- 23:53 – “Do your best to no longer be using loans or credit cards” – @BobSappMMA
- 25:14 – Buying a house with cash in any country
- 28:03 – Planning for retirement and future
- 36:12 – The difference between a real fighter and entertainer
- 38:01 – “They can pay to see you get knocked out or they can pay to see you win” – @BobSappMMA
- 42:57 – Finding your niche and Promoting your brand
- 51:06 – Fight recap and match highlights
- 54:38 – Johnny’s key takeaway from this episode
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.