“ETFs are far more cost-effective, more tax effective, and basically a better platform for investors”
Connor O’Brien is the CEO and President of O’Shares, a rules-based ETF designed to provide investors with the means to invest in some of the largest global companies that derive most of their revenue from the Internet and e-commerce sectors that exhibit quality and growth potential. Mr. O’Brien has extensive global investment experience encompassing over 25 years of involvement in the Canadian, U.S. and international markets.
During this episode, Mr. O’Brien will share a series of ETFs designed to be core long-term investment holdings. He will talk about the rule-based approach that provides attractive performance and limited volatility with an emphasis on income. Expect to truly learn how to ‘Invest Like a Boss’ with this simple and straightforward strategy.
Listen to ILAB 111 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 111 Show Notes
- O’Shares FTSE US Quality Dividend ETF – OUSA
- O’Shares Global Internet Giants ETF – OGIG
- O’Shares FTSE Russell Intl Qual Div – ONTL
- Boss Lounge
Where we are:
- Sam Marks and Johnny FD – Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Connor O’Brien – Boston, Massachusetts
- ILAB 110 – How Anyone Can Beat the Market with Mad Hedge Fund Trader John Thomas
- ILAB 109 – Why Modern Portfolio Theory Fails Investors with Daniel Peris
- ArtofFX – start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – get up to 1 year managed free
- PeerStreet – get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- 04:17 – Initial thoughts on this ETF?
- 10:11 – Connor and Kevin O’Leary’s relationship
- 11:31 – O’Shares philosophy and choosing ETFs
- 15:10 – “You want to own the stocks of companies that have profitable businesses and pay a dividend” – Connor O’Brien
- 16:28 – Chasing high yields and high-quality stocks
- 22:09 – Why your REIT funds are down this year
- 24:10 – What influences the weight of stocks and do they ever change?
- 26:08 – Top holding for large and small cap ETFs
- 31:13 – What happens when you actually invest in a funds
- 36:17 – When will companies pay out dividends?
- 38:33 – How to invest like a boss and buy O’Shares
- 47:06 – Dividends checks and high-risk investments
- 51:47 – Investing in domestic vs. international funds
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t’ already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.