“One of the things that the exit has provided me was a little bit freedom to spend time for myself.”
David Hauser is an entrepreneur and a speaker based in Las Vegas. He is the founder of Grasshopper, Chargify, and Angel Investor. Grasshopper is a virtual phone system company which was sold to Citrix for almost $175M. His passion in the business industry has led him to build more startups. This successful exit has led him to realize what he really cares about – and that is to inspire others.
On this episode, David shares his journey after selling the company that he built and managed for over 12 years. He reveals the emotional struggle he went through after his big exit and what he did with his money after that. David gives his perspective on what financial freedom means. He also shares his investment strategies including the investment platforms he ventured in. This conversation gives you several tips and advice on how to manage and grow your wealth.
Listen to ILAB 103 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
ILAB 103 Show Notes
Where we are:
- Johnny – San Francisco, California
- Sam – Tampa, Florida
- David – Las Vegas
ArtofFX – start with a $25,000 account for ILAB members(reduced from $50,000)
Fundrise – start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
Wealthfront – get your first $15,000 managed free
Betterment – get up to 1 year managed free
PeerStreet – get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
- Adviceperiod.com (David’s advisor)
- The best investment advice you’ll never get
- Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO
- A New Kind of Investment Outlook
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing (Eleventh Edition)
- How Many Mutual Funds Routinely Rout the Market? Zero
- How Has The 4% Rule Held Up Since The Tech Bubble And The 2008 Financial Crisis?
- Do Not Dollar-Cost-Average for More than Twelve Months
- 08:48 – The creation of Grasshopper.com
- 10:33 – His passion in becoming an entrepreneur
- 11:04 – Where and when did they build the company?
- 12:35 – The Company’s growth after the exit
- 13:25 – What came after the big exit?
- 16:44 – Diversifying his wealth and assets
- 20:40 – His strategy for managing his assets
- 23:31 – The value of investment advisors
- 26:50 – What is financial freedom for him?
- 29:05 – His engagements after the exit
- 30:58 – His new book
- 31:49 – The secret behind his productivity
- 33:46 – Life optimization
- 37:20 – His advice to help increase productivity
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.