Johnny and Derek discuss one of the best strategies to escape inflation: Location Arbitrage. For those of you that can work remotely or do not need to work, living in a cheaper place is the easiest way to get the most bang for your buck. Johnny explains where he has decided to spend the winter at and they compare prices to where Derek is at in Los Angeles, a notoriously expensive place to live.
Where we are:
Boost your confidence and find practical takeaways you can apply to your life and at work with MasterClass. Our listeners will get an additional 15% off an annual membership at MasterClass.com/ILAB
- ILAB Patreon
Join the Invest Like a Boss Patreon now and get tons of bonus content, including additional episodes, full quarterly updates including account screenshots and more for as low as $5/month at Patreon.com/InvestLikeaBoss
Like these investments? Try them with extra perks via these unique ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Marcus Online Savings - get an extra 1% yield for 3 months
- Interactive Brokers - a trading account for anyone, trade US and international stocks, bonds, and securities
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- 02:32 – Johnny & Derek Intro
- 12:20 – $16 Big Mac Controversy
- 17:15 – Big Mac Index
- 20:10 – Cost of Living Resources
- 32:44 – Why is Thailand Still Cheap?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! If you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.