Inspired by a topic that came up in last week’s Quarterly Update (ILAB 282) Johnny and Sam go over the actual costs of owning a vacation home versus staying in hotels on vacation. Sam uses his real life examples he personally owns in Thailand and the United States for the cost basis. Results may surprise you on the costs of these properties versus what you could be spending that same amount on in going on vacations around the World!
Where we are:
- WebStreet (Formerly Empire Flippers)
WebStreet is launching their 6th fund. Webstreet buys & operates cash-flowing websites and is now offering SaaS businesses as well! Learn how to invest in this diversified online business portfolio HERE
- ILAB Patreon
Join the Invest Like a Boss Patreon now and get tons of bonus content, including additional episodes, full quarterly updates including account screenshots and more for as low as $5/month at Patreon.com/InvestLikeaBoss
Like these investments? Try them with extra perks via these unique ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Marcus Online Savings - get an extra 1% yield for 3 months
- Interactive Brokers - a trading account for anyone, trade US and international stocks, bonds, and securities
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- 01:40 – Sam & Johnny Intro/Catchup
- 12:00 – Sam’s Thailand Vacation Home Costs
- 23:23 – Sam’s U.S. Vacation Home Costs
- 36:39 – Benefits to Owning a Vacation Home
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! If you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.