Johnny and Derek sit down for a 101 episode on a terrible investment – the Vacation Timeshare! Many people, especially in America, get suckered into these seemingly great vacation getaway deals only to find out they are much less glamorous than was pitched to them in their sales presentations. Besides the initial high fee to get in on these timeshares, they annual fees and restrictions really start to make you regret buying in. On top of that, when you want to get out, it’s not easy to do! We go over everything in this episode from why timeshares are a bad to how to get out of one if you find yourself stuck.
Where we are:
Like these investments? Try them with extra perks via these unique ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Marcus Online Savings - get an extra 1% yield for 3 months
- Interactive Brokers - a trading account for anyone, trade US and international stocks, bonds, and securities
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- 05:59 – How Johnny Sold Timeshares
- 12:40 – Different Types of Timeshares
- 24:52 – Johnny’s Family Member Bought a Timeshare
- 38:24 – How to Exit Your Timeshare
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! If you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.