In this episode, Johnny & Derek discuss one of their favorite subjects – cars! Your vehicle is often the second biggest asset you’ll purchase behind your home, so it’s important to get what fits your needs best at a great price. They’ll discuss the benefits of buying new vs. used, what options are worth paying for, along with some of their favorite cars on the market now. Derek goes over what new car he just bought, how to negotiate with the dealer and get the best deal if you need to finance. Lastly, just for fun, the guys build and price out a new Porsche for Johnny online and see how much more he would have to pay to get something comparable to his used one.
- The Suzuki Jimny
- The Ford Bronco Sport
- The Mazda CX-5 (Derek’s Car)
- The Porsche Cayenne (Johnny’s Car)
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Japan / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Indeed knows that when you’re doing everything for your company, you can’t afford to overspend on hiring. Visit Indeed.com/ILAB to start hiring today.
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK) *Johnny, Derek, and/or Sam use personally invest through the above services.
- 01:26 – Today’s Car Market for Buyers
- 08:40 – How Derek Was Able to Rent a Car for 5 Years
- 18:00 – Buying New vs Used
- 31:20 – What Derek Bought
- 39:45 – Building Johnny’s Porsche Online
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! If you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Copyright 2023. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.