A timely topic we’ve been hearing about from listeners for months – U.S. I Bonds. These are bonds issued by the U.S. Treasury to hedge against inflation and currently pay an incredible 9.62% rate… but there are a lot of restrictions and time is running out! We invite CFP Maggie Gomez, aka Money with Maggie, to the show to break down the ins and outs of I Bonds. Then Johnny and Derek discuss if they think I Bonds are a good play or if your money is better served invested elsewhere.
Maggie Gomez is on a mission to help you feel strong and confident in your financial situation. Maggie’s professional experience in major brokerage firms made her realize that clients with less than 6 or 7 figures to invest weren’t getting quality attention from a financial professional. That left most people with nowhere to turn to manage their financial life and start investing in their future! So that is why she started “Money with Maggie”
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (designation received after a 12-month intense study program and 6-hour exam covering a full spectrum of financial planning topics)
- 8 years of experience working at Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley, and E*TRADE
- Held a FINRA Series 7 License (Stock Broker, i.e. I sold investment products)
- Held a FINRA Series 66 License (licensed to offer investment advice)
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Greece / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Indeed knows that when you’re doing everything for your company, you can’t afford to overspend on hiring. Visit indeed.com/ILAB for more details.
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 10:00 – What is an I-Bond?
- 11:11 – What is the interest right now and how long are you locked in for?
- 12:41 – What do you expect the next interest rate to be?
- 14:16 – Is there a limit on how much you can purchase?
- 15:26 – Patreon question: Can you gift I-bonds to family members or friends?
- 16:07 – Patreon question: Is there any other way to purchase the I-Bonds other than the website?
- 17:05 – How often can you buy I-Bonds and can you buy more under other LLCs?
- 18:05 – Do you purchase I-Bonds and why?
- 19:52 – Why do you think no one talks about Bonds anymore?
- 23:10 – Do you have to be a US citizen to purchase the Bonds?
- 23:35 – Patreon Question: How is the rate calculated?
- 24:18 – Has it only recently become popular with your clients?
- 30:48 – What do you think the interest rate will be in October 2023?
- 32:16 – How do your clients feel about the stock market currently?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.