Derek travels to the Las Vegas headquarters of gaming company Winner Winner to speak with co-founder Cody Flaherty. They discuss how Winner Winner is allowing users to play real machine gaming from anywhere in the world via their mobile phones. Plus, Winner Winner has since expanded to online gaming, live trivia events and more. Sam Marks is an active early investor in Winner Winner and has worked extensively with one of their founders. Sam and Derek wrap up the episode discussing Sam’s investment, why he believes in it and what he expects from the company going forward.
Cody Flaherty is the Co-founder and COO of Playtertainment, the development studio behind the live gaming app Winner Winner. Prior to launching Winner Winner with his partner Jon in 2019, Cody was an early member of the PetFlow.com team, an online retailer of pet food and supplies. Cody was a key member of the senior executive team, helping the business realize an exit to the largest distributor of pet products in the US. Cody sits on the advisory board for Ithaca College’s Customer Experience program and also consults for businesses in the ecommerce space.
Winner Winner is a robust gaming platform that allows you to earn real rewards for playing games you know and love! Whether its playing physical games or playing digital games you already love to play, you can earn tickets and redeem those tickets for real rewards that are shipped directly to you!
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Get 14 days free and access Shopify’s full suite of features to get selling online today! Just go to Shopify.com/ilab to get started.
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 08:25 – What is your “elevator pitch” for Winner Winner?
- 09:35 – How did you get into the gaming industry?
- 11:27 – What kind of investors do you have currently?
- 12:10 – What is your goal for Winner Winner as a business?
- 14:00 – How has Winner Winner evolved over the past 3 years?
- 16:28 – How does technology work?
- 18:10 – Has anyone figured out how to hack the games?
- 19:20 – How many users do you have and how often do they use the app?
- 22:16 – At what level are you at raising capital?
- 22:52 – Who can invest and what is the minimum request?
- 23:13 – What is the next plan for the business?
- 24:38 – Why did you start your business in Vegas?
- 25:49 – What is your demographic like?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.