Fan favorite Meb Faber returns to the show after a 6 year absence to tell us about the current state of inflation. Johnny & Sam also talk about how inflation has effected them living in Europe compared to what Meb is seeing in the United States.
Mr. Faber is a co-founder and the Chief Investment Officer of Cambria Investment Management. Faber is the manager of Cambria’s ETFs and separate accounts. Mr. Faber is the host of The Meb Faber Show podcast and has authored numerous white papers and leather-bound books. He is a frequent speaker and writer on investment strategies and has been featured in Barron’s, The New York Times, and The New Yorker. Mr. Faber graduated from the University of Virginia with a double major in Engineering Science and Biology.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Indeed knows that when you’re doing everything for your company, you can’t afford to overspend on hiring. Visit indeed.com/ILAB for more details.
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK) *Johnny, Derek, and/or Sam use personally invest through the above services.
- 15:30 – What is new with you for the last 2 years?
- 22:20 – Have you seen similarities with investment being made between the start of covid and the start of this bear market?
- 27:10 – What are you seeing being affected by inflation, besides the obvious (gas etc)?
- 31:08 – How does inflation affect your profit and what can you do about it?
- 46:49 – How are collectibles affected by inflation?
- 51:18 – Do you ever invest in tips?
- 53:52 – Anything new you are working on at Cambria Investments?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.