Sam interviews Cult Wines CEO Tom Gearing for the second time (first appearance ILAB 161), to get a more specialized look at the most important wine region in the world. Bordeaux, France has an annual wine futures purchasing period called “En Primeur” and Tom explains how to get involved in this and find the best values for future wine profits. Then Sam and Derek talk about their thoughts on wine and how we’ve progressively covered this subject on ILAB. Sam also teases that he will give a first hand telling of his experience at En Primeur in the next episode as Sam actually attended the event and was able to sample over 100 wines from the barrel.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a $75 credit for a sponsored job post when you visit Indeed.com/ILAB
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
- Cult Wines
- Wine Investment
- Patreon ILAB Cult Wines Promo Link
- ILAB 161: Cult Wines – Tom Gearing – Invest Like a Boss
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 13:10 – Is this “En Primeur” 2021 or 2022?
- 14:10 – Is this event unique to bordeaux?
- 16:17 – What happens at “En Primeur” week?
- 19:18 – Who can go or would you expect to see at the event?
- 20:50 – Are all the local growers participating?
- 25:35 – How much of the chateau’s production is sold at “En Primeur”?
- 28:33 – How does the tasting and buying work?
- 34:20 – Does the release price change every year?
- 39:52 – Can anyone attend the event?
- 42:25 – Historically, has allocation yielded a positive return?
- 47:35 – Is there a plan to how much of Cult Wines purchasing is allocated to “En Primeur”?
- 52:57 – Patreon question: Are you working with Blockchain technology to track wines?
- 54:11 – Patreon question: Is there a solution to being denied cards even with a high enough credit score?
- 57:45 – Any wines you are particularly interested in?
- 60:04 – Sam and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.