It’s tax time in the United States, so Johnny and Sam go over some of the (legal) tax hacks they’ve learned about and taken advantage of over the years. Many of these may apply to other residents of other countries as well, so find out what you may be missing out on in this episode. If you have more hacks to add, make sure to let us know!
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Greece / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Los Angeles / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a $75 credit for a sponsored job post when you visit Indeed.com/ILAB
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK) *Johnny, Derek, and/or Sam use personally invest through the above services.
- 10:19 – Would you consider giving up your American citizenship?
- 15:45 – What is earned income?
- 20:39 – What is FEIE?
- 28:18 – What are the tax advantages of living in Puerto Rico?
- 32:09 – What is the Self-employment tax and how do you work around it?
- 36:02 – What is Capital gains?
- 43:27 – How is starting your own business one of the biggest tax breaks?
- 55:09 – What is a health savings account?
- 57:31 – What is a donor advised fund?
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.