FarmTogether Founder & CEO, Artem Milinchuk, returns to ILAB exactly one-year later to talk about their incredible growth as they approach nearly $200M AUM, as well as their commitment to funding sustainable and prosperous farming. Check out Artem’s first appearance on Episode 172 to hear the basics and come back to this episode to hear about the advancements they’ve made since then. Johnny and Derek also discuss the challenges facing the U.S. food system, and of course, Johnny addresses the tense situation with him in Ukraine while Russia is in the middle of an invasion.
FarmTogether is a farmland investment manager powered by cutting-edge tech. For the first time, accredited investors have access to fractional shares of institutional-quality farmland, without the steep price tag or previously required farming know-how. Through the FarmTogether platform, investors are able to browse carefully vetted farmland investments, review due diligence materials, and sign legal documents, seamlessly online.
Artem has over 11 years of finance experience in food, agriculture, and farmland. He holds an MBA from The Wharton School, and a BA and MA in Economics from the Higher School of Economics. Prior to founding FarmTogether, Artem was employee #1 and CFO/VP of Operations at Full Harvest Technologies, a now post-Series A B2B platform for buying and selling produce. He previously worked at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Sprott Resource Holdings, E&Y and PwC.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Mention “Invest Like a Boss” in the podcast section under how did you hear about us
- Episode 172: Invest in Farmland with FarmTogether CEO Artem Milinchuk
- Detailed Update on FarmTogether by Artem Milinchuk
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 11:29 – What has changed in the past year for FarmTogether?
- 13:04 – Is it more profitable that all your deals are now certified and sustainable investments?
- 16:48 – Is it a correlated asset with residential/commercial real estate?
- 17:44 – Did the recent stock market hit affect the farm industry?
- 19:15 – Can you describe some of the sustainable practices employed on your properties?
- 21:11 – Is it possible to scale up regenerative practices used in small farming?
- 25:45 – Can you expand on the Leading Harvest Farmland Management Standard?
- 27:25 – How have you seen the alternate asset space improve over the last few years?
- 28:45 – Have there been any deals that have gone full circle?
- 30:55 – Do you have any foreign investors on your platform and is it still only available to accredited investors?
- 32:27 – Can you talk about some of the previous funded deals on your platform, such as the timeline and returns?
- 36:10 – Why do investors choose this asset class?
- 38:46 – Can investors visit the farms?
- 45:42 – Johnny and Derek Review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!