Sam and Derek take a deep dive into Bitcoin as it pertains to use cases, perception, future growth, inflation and more. Sam interviews Saifedean Ammous, author of The Bitcoin Standard, who was once a critic of Bitcoin himself but now has seen the power of its capabilities. Saifedean expertly drops deep knowledge on all things Bitcoin and explains why it is a superior alternative to fiat currency.
Dr. Saifedean Ammous is the author of The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking, the best-selling groundbreaking study of the economics of bitcoin. The book was a pioneer in explaining bitcoin’s value proposition as the hardest money ever discovered, and the only working alternative to national central banks for international payments.
Dr. Ammous holds a PhD in Sustainable Development from Columbia University, where his doctoral thesis studied the economics of biofuels and alternative energy sources. He also holds an MSc in Development Management from the London School of Economics, and a Bachelor of Engineering from the American University of Beirut.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a $75 credit for a sponsored job post when you visit Indeed.com/ILAB
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- Wealthfront Robo-Advisory – Get your first $5,000 managed free
- Wealthfront Cash Savings - Get .50% APY Boost on your savings!
- Cult Wines - get 1 month fee-waiver free each year (8% reduction)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK) *Johnny, Derek, and/or Sam use personally invest through the above services.
- 12:24 – How much additional research did you have to do to write “the Bitcoin Standard”?
- 14:03 – Were there any significant moments which may have shifted your thinking towards crypto currency?
- 19:22 – Is there any interest for governments to issue “sound” money?
- 22:17 – Are multiple countries required to revert to ”sound” money for it to be beneficial?
- 26:52 – Do you think the 14% supply growth rate is directly correlated to inflation?
- 32:05 – Does the US have concern for maintaining the USD as the primary reserve currency?
- 36:30 – What is the significance of countries accepting Bitcoin as a form of currency?
- 38:57 – Are there any trends which indicate Bitcoin is becoming more stable?
- 45:12 – How much BItcoin is “lost”?
- 45:59 – Patreon question: Do you think powerful governments will look to buying bitcoin?
- 47:21 – Patreon question : What kind of people have reached out to you about your book that surprised you?
- 48:55 – Patreon question : How did it feel to “orange pill” Jordan Peterson?
- 54:07 – Derek and Sam Review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.