Codie Sanchez is the founder of Contrarian Thinking, a newsletter, and media company read by hundreds of thousands about thinking critically and cash flowing unconventionally. She owns 25+ boring businesses and is known for making Main St. sexy again. Before being an investor and writer, she ran a cannabis PE fund, Latin American investment biz, worked at Goldman, Vanguard and was a conflict journalist in Mexico.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Commonstock is a social network for smart investors. Join the FREE community of engaged investors to access exclusive financial data, follow and chat with fellow investors, get alerts when friends buy or sell, and make trades directly through the platform at Commonstock.com
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
- Contrarian Cashflow
Use INVESTBOSSCT for 20% off your first year’s membership to Contrarian Cashflow – If you’re ready to learn about cash-flowing assets and passive investments, join our premium community Contrarian Cashflow, for playbooks, exclusive interviews, an online community, and more.
- Twitter: @codie_sanchez
- Instagram: @codiesanchez
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 08:35 – Can you tell us some of your backstory?
- 10:52 – How did you illegally cross the border?
- 12:55 – Can you tell us about your time working for Vanguard?
- 15:16 – How did you get involved in the cannabis industry?
- 16:50 –What would you describe as the state of the cannabis industry now?
- 18:07 – How do you have time to make so much social media content and invest?
- 23:13 – What challenges have you had as a female in finance?
- 26:42 – What are your Top 5 side hustles?
- 29:43 – Have you noticed people missing the opportunity to get out of the business?
- 31:12 – Are you personally invested in anything in the market?
- 33:24 – Patreon question : What is the product line focus as it relates to the cannabis industry?
- 36:44 – Patreon question : Are the companies you are invested in looking at long term growth or quicker sale?
- 37:27 – Patreon question : Do you see any possible internationally dominant company in the cannabis industry?
- 38:49 – Patreon question: Has being hispanic helped you in the industry?
- 39:53 – Patreon question : What is your morning routine?
- 42:03 – Derek and Johnny Review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.