Sam interviews Charityvest CEO/Co-Founder Stephen Kump about their new modern donor-advised fund platform. Charityvest‘s goal is to make charitable giving easier for the masses and also cut down on tax paperwork. Sam and Derek then go over their thoughts on Charityvest and it’s simplicity of giving. They also talk about what to look out for when giving to charities and why you should always vet them first.
Stephen Kump aims to shape the world to be more generous. He leads Charityvest, a technology company to catalyze generosity through putting a donor-advised fund in the hands of every American. He worked for over ten years as a consultant to nonprofit organizations, philanthropists, corporate leaders, and private equity investors, most recently with Bain & Company. He is a former US Army cavalry officer, holds an MBA from the Yale School of Management, and earned bachelor degrees in Economics and Management from Georgia Tech.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona/ IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
- RAD Diversified
RAD Diversified REIT allows investment partners to invest in cash-flowing properties with substantial value-add opportunities. RAD offers monthly distributions, a 5% bottom-line guarantee, and achieved a 36.7% return in 2020.
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 08:43 – How did you get started in the industry?
- 11:48 – Is the donor advised fund like setting up your own charitable organisation?
- 13:50 – Do you notice a pattern with people’s donations?
- 19:27 – Is this a special designation by the IRS?
- 20:21 – Can you discuss the relationship with Y Combinator?
- 23:14 – Can you tell us about the two portfolios?
- 25:45 – Can you explain the tax benefits?
- 31:50 – Can you explain the concept of donating the asset rather than the capital gain?
- 36:40 – Can you summarize the giving component?
- 42:26 – What kind of fees are associated with the investment?
- 49:02 – Sam and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.