Johnny interviews Richard Bexon from Costa Rica Tourism Bonds to find out about this investment in the Central American country which not only allows you to earn a return on your money, but also provides accommodations and the chance at Costa Rican residency. Richard has lived in Costa Rica since 2004. He’s the co-owner of Central America’s largest luxury travel agency and has vast experience in real estate investments, both commercial and private. Sam hops on with Johnny before and after the interview to talk about this investment.
About Costa Rica Tourism Bonds:
It goes without saying that a company offering investments has a strong focus on financial returns, but it doesn’t end there. Costa Rica Tourism Bonds places a high value on lifestyle, responsibility, and sustainability. This means we only work with properties that hold these values in equally high regard.
We started Costa Rica Tourism Bonds as we saw strong demand for an investment vehicle that both generated returns and provided a lifestyle benefit, whereby investors could enjoy the fruits of their investment by enjoying luxury vacations in the properties they invested in. Where better to invest in than one of the most beautiful and biodiverse places on the planet, Costa Rica.
This is coupled with the eagerness of tourism properties in Costa Rica to diversify their investor base and share the benefits of investing in one of the world’s most vibrant travel destinations with international bondholders.
It’s a match made in heaven for investors that value a lifestyle investment that can be enjoyed by themselves and their family.
Richard has lived in Costa Rica since 2004. He’s the co-owner of Central America’s largest luxury travel agency and has vast experience in real estate investments, both commercial and private.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdj
- Sam Marks – Barcelona/ IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a free $75 sponsored job credit to boost your job post at Indeed.com/ILAB
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 10:24 – How did you get into tourism and bonds?
- 12:08 – What are some of the reasons you like living in Costa Rica?
- 13:05 – How did the Tourism Bond Programme start?
- 16:23 – How do the projects work with the investments?
- 17:33 – What kind of returns can an investor expect?
- 19:52 – What is the minimum and at what point can someone get a week at one of the hotels?
- 20:40 – What is the process for obtaining residency?
- 23:53 – Can you give an example of what is available right now and what are the benefits?
- 25:04 – Are there any blackout dates and or additional taxes when you stay at a hotel you have invested in?
- 29:20 – Who can invest, and from what countries, and do you need to be an accredited investor?
- 30:16 – What are the benefits of having residency for someone who isn’t looking to live in Costa Rica?
- 32:04 – How do you get paid from the investment?
- 36:01 – Sam and Johnny review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.