Kevin Martin is a Lawyer & 20 year military veteran turned Travel Vlogger! He is also an avid dividend investor and uses them as his primary source of income. In early 2019, Kevin decided to quit his job as a lawyer at a corporate law firm to travel the world! You can follow his adventures on YouTube
Kevin has also recently started a YouTube channel dedicated to dividend investing that can be found here
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Ukraine / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – Barcelona/ IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice Beach / IG @DerekRadio
Polymarket is the world’s leading information markets platform where you can trade on the most pressing global questions and see unbiased, real-time data on what the market thinks will happen – all on the blockchain. For a limited time, sign up with referral code “Boss” to get your first trade reimbursed up to $100. Click on the link to get started: polymarket.co/InvestLikeABoss
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 13:37 – Tell us about your “full time travel” life?
- 14:13 – How did it feel when you first started?
- 15:29 – Were you investing while you were a Lawyer?
- 16:15 – What were some of the early investments?
- 19:15 – How have your investment strategies changed since then?
- 20:44 – Do you automatically reinvest in your dividends?
- 21:30 – What is the difference between a dividend growth stock and a normal stock that doesn’t pay dividends at all?
- 31:02 – What are your thoughts on picking individual dividend stocks vs investing in dividend funds?
- 32:22 – What are your thoughts on the non-traditional dividend funds?
- 35:39 – What are your lowest and highest dividend yields in your personal portfolio?
- 36:58 – What can you tell us about this new project starting your portfolio from scratch?
- 41:02 – Johnny and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.