Sam and Johnny do a follow up to the popular Index Funds 101 episode and expand the topic to international allocation into index funds.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice / IG @DerekRadio
Receive a free $75 credit and receive an instant short list of candidates for your job post when you visit Indeed.com
- Support Invest Like a Boss: Join our Patreon
VXUS: Total International Stock = 23% of my current. Aiming for 35%
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 06:50 – Why even bother investing worldwide?
- 10:39 – Johnny’s breakdown of his index funds
- 12:35 – Discussion on TenCents multinational
- 16:29 – Do you know what Taiwan Semiconductor makes?
- 20:09 – Listing some of the Top 10 international investments?
- 22:01 – The story of Toyota and Lexus
- 26:24 – Japanese stock market index
- 34:13 – All Seasons Portfolio breakdown
- 39:51 – VanGuard portfolio watch asset allocation backtesting risk-return allocation analysis
- 42:57 – What to do when you don’t have direct access to international index funds?
- 46:19 – Management fees with financial advisor
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.