Artem has over 11 years of finance experience in food, agriculture, and farmland. Prior to founding FarmTogether, Artem was employee #1 and CFO/VP of Operations at Full Harvest Technologies, a now post-Series A B2B platform for buying and selling produce. He previously worked at Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Sprott Resource Holdings, E&Y and PwC. Artem holds an MBA from The Wharton School, and a BA and MA in Economics from the Higher School of Economics.
Where we are:
- Johnny FD – Sri Lanka / IG @johnnyfdk
- Sam Marks – Thailand / IG @imsammarks
- Derek Spartz – Venice / IG @DerekRadio
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 07:04 – What got you involved in farmland investing?
- 09:22 – How does it differ to commercial and residential real estate?
- 11:25 – How does it compare to traditional investing?
- 14:15 – Does technology help in the challenge of making more food with less land?
- 16:39 – Why are so few investors in this asset?
- 20:38 – How can farmland help with an expected inflation in the economy?
- 21:38 – With the population moving out of the city, is this affecting the availability of farmland?
- 24:20 – How do you qualify to invest in FarmTogether?
- 28:23 – What is someone actually buying when investing?
- 30:54 – How are returns generated?
- 32:34 – Which is the best crop to invest in?
- 34:27 – Do the commodities vary in price?
- 36:11 – Can you get out of the deal early?
- 36:59 – How does FarmTogether profit from these deals?
- 37:45 – Can you explain the option of sole proprietorship?
- 38:41 – Are there any bonuses for investors?
- 40:23 – What are some really good sources of education on farmland and farming?
- 42:26 – Johnny and Derek review
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.